Inspire those that have Dreams
Harry Gregg MBE
Let them play
Harry Gregg MBE
A gift from the ancient Gods
Founded in 2015, the Harry Gregg Foundation is a local charity catering for all sections of our community; to promote positive changes, and provide opportunities to fulfil dreams. The Foundation encompasses the work previously undertaken through Coleraine FC Academy and continues to affirm all that the Academy stands for.
The Foundation facilitates a wide range of activities for thousands of people each week within our local community, through participation in football, and various other health, lifestyle, educational, heritage and social inclusion activities.
It is our aim to ensure that we cater for all sections of our community; thus promoting positive lifestyle changes, and providing every opportunity to fulfil dreams.
Aims & Objectives
1. Promote the participation of the general public in healthy recreation, particularly in Coleraine and surrounding areas, by providing facilities for the playing of football and other sports capable of improving health and wellbeing.
2. Advance the education of young people by facilitating coaches and mentors to develop the physical, mental, social and moral capabilities of local inhabitants which in turn promotes good citizenship and enables them to grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
3. Provide (and assist in providing) facilities for sport, recreation or other leisure time occupation for the general public who have need of such facilities by reason of youth, age, infirmity, disability , poverty, social or economic circumstance with the object of improving the conditions of life for those people.
4. Provide a framework for youth football through the Coleraine FC Academy, which will promote player development by providing coaching, education and other support to enable players to maximise their potential and reach the highest level possible in the sport, including the development of elite players.
5. Advance community development through Coleraine FC Academy and the North West & Coleraine District Youth League by promoting co-operation and joint activities between sports, community, business, voluntary and statutory organisations.